To Not Prime, Is A Crime

What better way to start off my blog than raving about my current primer!

I've heard a lot of people say what's the point of a primer? In fact, I used to be one of those people! I was told to look at it as, you'd always prime a wall before you paint it, you can use a primer before you apply make up. It's purpose is to create a barrier between your skin and the make up you apply. Various primers can also include extra benefits too.

I have used quite a few primers over the years and I seem to be drawn to the ones that provide luminosity and ones that correct my skin complexion. I prefer the primers that brighten your skin as it helps add that healthy glow. They’re the ones especially great to use the day after a night out!

When doing my make up, I tend to go for a look that has a dewy, effortless finish, and the one thing I rely on to help me achieve this is my primer (as well as my foundation of course.) I have recently purchased urban Decay's 'Brightening & Tightening Complexion Primer Potion.' I've only been using this for a week but oh my, it's definitely made an impression on me. It has a light, silky finish and for the decent price of £19 I'm pretty happy. I’m not sure whether the tightening effect has kicked in yet, but either way I’m 21 and in no rush to ‘tighten’ my skin! All in all, I’m pretty chuffed with this product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment