The Drugstore Smokey Eye!


After having an extremely rough week, I dragged myself off the sofa, put some slap on and went to a music event.

I always find that when I'm feeling my worst, I always end up going a bit loopy on the old make up! This time it actually turned out fairly decent.

I experimented with my Seventeen Complete Collection set that I got for Christmas, and gave the 'smokey eye' a go. 

One thing you should know about me is that I like to think of myself as a plain Jane. I don't like to faff about with things, and make up used to be one of them. As far as I can remember I've always botched a smokey eye so I tend to avoid them. When making an effort with make up I've always gone to my lipstick pouch and done a bold lip, to compensate for my lack of eye make up. Funnily enough, the night I gave myself a bit of time to perfect that desired smokey eye look, I ended up succeeding! 

In the Seventeen Collection, the colours are fairly light so the darkest I could achieve was a grey smokey eye. To make my eye more bold I used the darkest powder under my lower lash line with a small angled brush. I then went in with the provided black gel eyeliner to create a dramatic flick! All that was left was to attach my false eyelashes and then add a bit of mascara to my top and bottom eyelashes. 

I would say after seeing enough 'beauty youtubers' online teaching you how to do the smokey eye, I kind of know the basics. At the moment I would say 'Shaaanxo' is my girl. With her crazy New Zealand accent and honest blogging, she is my make up go to gal. 

This is Shaaanxo's link on how to do a smokey eye, it's fairly recent and very helpful.





So, not so much of a plain Jane. However, I did finish off the look with my red bobble hat (that I wear religiously), a black top, black jeans, converses and my ginormous teddy coat! Fairly simple. The night was well worth me getting off the sofa for. As I do also class myself as a photographer, I ended up taking a few snaps, as it was my boyfriend's bands EP launch night. Throughly enjoyed myself, despite feeling so grotesquely ill.  



This is CITIES. They're well worth the time to check out, to see what they're all about. Not being biased, but they're a bunch of down to earth guys and just want to share their music with whoever will listen. I respect that.

If you have a moment go and check out CITIES for yourself, you won't regret it!





No comments:

Post a Comment